Sunday, December 2, 2012

Speaking of Dreams

I know that this may sound insane, but lately I have been coveting a secret dream. I haven't really told anyone about it because I know that it is going to sound crazy to everyone else.
My Dream
I grew up around horses. Helping my grandparents take care of their horses, taking lessons, having my own horse. My first passion and love has always been horses. I had to stop taking riding lessons the summer after my freshman year in highschool because we couldn't afford the time or money for both lessons and dancing. I knew that I could always go back to riding, while my body would not be able to dance forever. I spent two weeks of my summer with my grandparents working every day with their horses and I totally got the bug again. Ever since, there has been this dull ache that constantly reminds me that I miss my horses. I know that sounds corny but I am being so serious that I can't even put it into words.
Me and my baby Noel a few years ago.

The Problem
Well, for starters, I'm a college student that's about to graduate in a quarter. I pay for nearly everything myself and as soon as I graduate I will most likely take on the rest of my financial burdens. I'm pretty good with my money but money is tight, duh. Riding is expensive. The cheapest barn I have found is 40$ a lesson and that's pretty good. If I only take one lesson a week that comes out to 160$ a month. Now, if I was really desperate, I could probably only take a lesson once every other week, which would only be 80$ a month. That is totally doable for me.
Unfortunately, gas is also expensive and the closest barn is about 20-30 minutes away.
The other problem is that I am being more and more short on time. Dance is taking up more and more of my time and I work every day except for Sunday. As soon as I am out of school by nights will be freed up considerably but I want to start sooner than that.
This summer on Hank


The Solution
Well, honestly I don't know. I want to. Badly. If I had thought about it more thoroughly, I would have asked for this for Christmas. Unfortunately, I am a little late on that. That's okay with me though, this is really something that I would like to do myself, for myself. This is something that I feel I need to do so I  need to pay for this myself. I guess that I will pray on it, and at least wait until the holidays are over so I can see where my finances are at then. As soon as I graduate I will be making a lot more money so in about 3 1/2 months I will definitely be able to do it. I just don't know if I want to wait that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment