Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Finals pt.2

Every quarter  there are a few weeks that make you want to run around banging your head on anything hard enough to make you knock yourself out. I thought that this week was not going to be one of them. I thought that for once I was going to have a finals week that was calm, cool, and collected. Oh boy. I was wrong there. Due to a small oversight, that if caught a month ago could have been miniscule and easily fixable and avoided, I am now overwhelmed and stressed out. The worst part is I simultaneously let someone I really care about down AND I have to live with the fact that it's my fault. I'm sure that in the grand scheme of things, its really not that big of a deal, but right now it is, and right now I'm not feeling so hot about it.
***
In other news, A got a call this morning from his new job and they told him that he has the opportunity to start in January instead of June. A powwow with myself and our friend T later, and I think he is going to choose to start in January. He was looking forward to a little break before throwing himself into the grind of being a fully-fledged adult but I think that he's going to be ok without it.
***
On a happy note, A and I had a spontaneous date night last night. We went down to downtown for the Festival of Lights and it was beautiful. He got us caramel corn and we just walked around. The lights are incredible and there are horse drawn carriages, an ice skating rink, performances, and it was just perfect. We had a great time together. And then he took me out to In-N-Out, which I've been craving for weeks. It was a perfect way to get out from the crazy stress of work and school and just spend some quality time together. And it was cheap too so that works perfectly into our budget :]




No comments:

Post a Comment