Saturday, February 9, 2013

It's all about who you know...

People always told me that when I got older it would be "all about who you know". At first this used to upset me because I was (and still am) an exceptionally hard worker. I just figured that if people could just see what I could offer then I would always have work and people would always hire me... And on and on with the naive thoughts. When I got to college I slowly started learning that, as usual, my assumptions were going to make an ass out of me if I didn't check them.
At this point, as I am gearing up to graduate in March, I realize that this could not be more true. Every single job that I have at this moment, I got because I knew someone who told me of the opportunity, or someone knows someone else who knows someone. It is mindboggling to think of what my life would be like if I had made different friends or if the people around me weren't so generous.
With that being said, it is also imperative to take advantage of the opportunities presented to you. To not be lazy. To have faith. Being independent is hard but worth it.

And for no particular reason except that I'm feeling nostalgic (and I'm also super thankful that I know them)... Some really really old pictures.






No comments:

Post a Comment